BRN 0.00% 23.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Chart, page-18994

1. 1,982 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1197
    Hey buddy, charts are historical data and represent price action in a given timeframe for a selected period. They are only a tool of interest for those who believe that patterns exist and repeat themselves and view a stock in a technical light. As I say only a tool and many dislike charts (discussion for another time).
    For reference my first BRN buy attached. Breakout re-test on 4hr timeframe. entered at 6.5 cents. Added at 21, 33, 38 & 77 cents when the patterns revealed themselves, selling back then when patterns completed or failed. But now ive consolidated my trading into long term holds. Some very good education material on Dr Google on Elliott Wave theory if interested as this was Wave 1 of a new event so timing was great.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4689/4689285-1059981a3462f457200facacfb00a8e9.jpg

A red candle only represents the fact that more sell than buy volume was made in that sample of time. A down day has no further division of the reasoning why a red candle has formed.
    Shorting numbers can only be seen in a shorts activity report which is also delayed information (thats if you seek to know this number & trend). As a long term investor, monitor it sure, but if you select lower risk stocks then your chances of not getting caught in a situation hopefully also reduce.
    So dont turn yourself inside out looking for some hidden shorting algorithm or indicator as a predictor.
    90M shorts only represents approx. 5% of SOI.
    By comparison FLT (flight centre) is currently 14.8% shorted). Ex. shortman.com.au
    By entering the ASX200 we entered a new playing field where insto's buy up our shares and some lend them to shorts as a nice money earner where they change a fee for the service so win on way down, then when bought back, they also win as they get the green rise side.
    Its just market games and short term profits for traders.
    I dont have any advice for you other than to say shorters will always be a part of investing in the stock market.
    Historically they build their positions as their sentiment becomes stronger that a business has the: potential to release negative news, capital raising, has no news on horizon or simply because they are skeptical or bearish on an industry sector or individual companies success.
    As an opinion I do believe there are better companies to be shorting than BRN currently and would personally never short BRN in 2022 and beyond due to perceived risk of positive news. Sure 2 years ago this felt like a punt when in development /experiment phase and pre commercialization. But IMO BRN have been significantly de-risked over this period (plenty of posts around on the topic).
    Develop a strategy, stick by it, paper trade it, learn & research and make mistakes. I havent met an investor that hasnt made a mistake, lucky its only money. Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
23.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $451.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
23.0¢ 24.0¢ 21.5¢ $2.863M 12.69M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 136498 23.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
23.5¢ 444756 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.