BRN 0.00% 20.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Chart, page-20002

1. 3,017 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2174
    I love the way people keep referring to the 2.34 as if is a reference point. It only spent two days above 1.90. So on the third day it closed at 1.755 that's a 25% drop in two days (it's a disaster, the biggest two day drop in its entire history). The problem is that the FOMO resulted in some fools paying over $2 until the market ran out of fools.

Trying to make rational decisions by using an irrational market as a reference point is foolish. I was fortunate I have seen this explosive behaviour before in the market. I saw the plunge from the peak 2.34 to a low of 1.33 in 5 days. Then came the bounce that is so so common in these explosive markets in the next 4 days it bounce up to 1.89 and started downwards ( by then as a chartist it was so obvious that this was a dead cat bounce (DCB) I sold a small portion of my holding at 1.63 (which I bought in single digits) 12 days after the peak. More than free carry the rest of my BRN shares, after the 50% long term investment discount I would have still had to pay CGT for the other 50%. I took the opportunity to get rid of 4 of my underwater species (BRN had been one of my species) and paid no CGT. If I had sold the lot the CGT would have been huge)

As it turns out I have shares that cost me nothing and are worth 0.43 cents each currently. I am holding them instead of selling them (whereby paying CGT) because in the long term I can see them paying an annual franked divided some multiple times the original purchase price.

If I have some more underwater species carrying a loss and need some cash then I can balance the CGT against the loss and pay no tax.

So there is no way I see a loss of 85% from the peak of 2.34. I don't even see a loss from 1.63 to 0.43 as a real loss because after paying CGT that real sale price comes down to about 1.30 after tax.

After the sale of the small portion I more than free carried that means that there was excessed cash above my total entry cost.

Anyway it's late.

Goodluck

cheers Lies

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $371.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.5¢ 19.5¢ $656.1K 3.281M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 364081 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 1348618 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.