BRN 2.00% 24.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Good morning YLJ, Thanks for your detailed response. Glad to see...

1. 36 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Good morning YLJ, Thanks for your detailed response. Glad to see others got some benefit from your response too. Looking forward to the long version

After Wednesday it sure became clearer. The failed retest of the high I see as being somewhat fortuitous option to exited at that time on the FOMO of the AFR article of that day and BRN on the finance reports on TV. Seemed like that was over before it started on the Thursday and people were looking to take profits before it retested 97.

What would you say for considering protecting capital as it peaked (unknown to us) during Wednesday's trading? What would a LTH looking to preserve capital be looking for at about 11am that day? How would you organise your parcel to take advantage of that - if at all. The reason being yes many of us are LTH but with such a downswing I feel like I would be going against the tenet of "protect capital". That and the fact that the range from what seemed to me to be a logical retest of 78c and what turned out to be the peak at 97c is around 25% - that's a pretty healthy area to be taking cream off the top, no?

As I watched the action on Wednesday I thought 78c is a clear point to retest and could see the sells so low at the peak being under 2 million. Normally I look at support and resistance but in this uncharted move up there is nothing and the sell vol , i know is inaccurate as a peak's nature is always thinnest before the downturn. At that time what would be the best method to guage that you have reached a peak?

I appreciate how you've broken down looking at this through different time frames. For preserving capital though does it not necessitate that even if a pattern or set up is likely that some capital should come off the table and therefore you could look - and in that instance would have to - look at the smaller timeframe. I just feel placing a stop at below the support level of 78c is leaving too much on the table.

Have a great day all,

Phant

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $454.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.5¢ 25.0¢ 24.0¢ $2.351M 9.583M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 212207 24.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.0¢ 372207 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
24.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 2.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
24.5¢ 25.0¢ 24.0¢ 7464422
Last updated 15.58pm 03/05/2024 ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.