BRN 2.27% 22.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

There are some facts about the circumstances of the former CEO...

1. 9,671 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25253
    There are some facts about the circumstances of the former CEO leaving Brainchip which need to be highlighted:

1. Under the terms of his contract if he handed in his resignation he walked away without any redundancy or termination payment.

2. If the Board dismissed him without reason he was entitled to receive a redundancy or termination payment of one years salary being $400,000.

3. The terms of his removal involved a payment to him on the basis that he would receive $300,000 plus another $100,000 for remaining as a consultant for 12 months.

For the Board to approve the former CEO's removal as it did under 3. above it must have involved a negotiation acceptable to both parties.

It was reported in the Australian Financial Review following its initial article that was negative that there was in fact nothing to see as the former CEO had in fact suffered third degree burns to both hands in an accident at Christmas and that article is well known on here as it has been posted a number of times. The article also reported that this injury had caused the former CEO to reflect and that he had decided it was time to leave. The point of this is that even the Australian Financial Review thought it was a criticism too removed from reality to continue to pursue yet not some on here.

When the former CEO took up his role with Brainchip it was stated by Brainchip that he had come out of retirement to take on the role and this was confirmed by the former CEO. The former CEO is at the end of a successful career which had allowed him to retire early. I find it completely understandable that a major life event such as third degree burns to both hands would cause him to reflect on what life is all about.

The absolute nonsense being posted on here about third degree burns and having a few weeks off is offensive in the extreme and comes from a point of absolute ignorance of how serious third degree burns are and how important hands are to daily functioning. My goodness how do you even wipe your own bottom after going to the toilet. Some people here need to get out and experience the world and if they cannot for any reason they can google a couple of burns sites and see what third degree burns to hands require by way of treatment and subsequent skin grafts.

It was posted here more recently by Tech Laden that he had been in email contact with the former CEO and he had told Tech Laden that his hands were healing well. Now that is some statement. We are at least 5 months from the injury which occurred at Christmas 2020 and they are still in the process of healing which is to be expected with third degree burns.

As a police officer I saw people with burns alive and deceased and it is something you would not wish on your worst enemy.

One of my grandmothers died when I was four. I remember her against all the other things that I do not remember because I remember being scared of her. She had tried to rescue one of her sons in bushfires that destroyed the family home and in the process suffered third degree burns to both hands clawing at the external wall of the house trying to get back into where she thought he was. What I remember are these horrible ugly things that were her hands but I remember nothing else about her. Admittedly in the rural area where their farm was the medical treatment she received and the rehabilitation that followed would have been primitive by today's standard but suffice to say what I saw in the police confirmed how terrible burn injuries are and how they are not something you come back to work after couple of months and take up where you left off.

I had a number of email communications with Ken Scarince going back now where I asked him to pass on my gratitude to the former CEO for the work that he had done to bring Brainchip to the brink of success and in those exchanges Ken Scarince told me that he would pass on my message as he was in daily contact as the former CEO was constantly checking in that everything was under control and proceeding as it should. Why I suppose lots of reasons but one which sticks out is the Board is paying him to do so. Think about it the picture could not be clearer. The CEO said he wanted to resign and the Board wanted him to stay so they came up with a compromise which is No.3 above.

So if anyone who wants to find something unusual in the former CEO's leaving under these circumstances then all I can say is you have another agenda and will be ignored from this point on as far as I am concerned.

My opinion only DYOR
    FF

AKIDA Ballista

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.5¢
Change
0.005(2.27%)
Mkt cap ! $417.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.0¢ 23.5¢ 22.0¢ $975.2K 4.296M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 173129 22.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
23.0¢ 643724 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
22.8¢
  Change
0.005 ( 2.80 %)
Open High Low Volume
22.5¢ 23.5¢ 22.3¢ 3655410
Last updated 15.59pm 07/06/2024 ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.