BRN 1.89% 27.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Hi rayz,I was ambivalent about replying to your post, because it...

1. YLJ
    819 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 870
    Hi rayz,
    I was ambivalent about replying to your post, because it mostly seemed
    rhetorical and a fully detailed response would require a reply much longer
    than I have the time to provide. Nevertheless, for the sake clarity, I'll try
    a "short" version...
    In regards to what point of mine are you asking if I "take into account..."?
    In general, I most certainly take volume into account. Price & Volume are
    far more important to me than any indicators which are only derivatives or
    one or both of them.

For every trade there is both a buyer and a seller and volume is, therefore,
    the number of shares (and $'s) exchanged between buyers and sellers.
    There is useful data to be gleaned from this info about supply and demand
    but interpreting volume data is far more complex IMHO than you make it
    sound. It is a very valuable tool and does not need to be overcomplicated
    on a practical level within a trading system, but there is a lot of room for
    interpretation (evidence to which is the vast array of literature on the topic).
    I personally am a fan of Volume Spread Analysis (AKA price range volume
    analysis) which makes just adding up all the volume in an uptrend a somewhat
    questionable methodology, to begin with. That is the reason why a money flow
    indicator such as TMF (which takes such factors into account) turned negative
    the drop from 2.34 to 1.34. (see chart below).

Based on true volume (ASX + CHI-X data) if you simply add the volume in the
    way you have implied then yes, you will have $700m+ on the rise (and bounce
    from 1.34) over the retracement which would be quite aggressive. BUT,
    if for example, you calculate bullish volume based only on the bars that closed
    higher than the previous day you get $278m instead. If you look at the more
    questionable candle bars on the rise and add them to the negative volume
    you can get down to minus $882 million. That is all a relative simplification as
    there are other arguments for ways to break it down. Different time frames will
    also change the picture somewhat. If you really want I can share the data and
    calculations to get those figures, but I assume you get the point. (Broker data can
    obviously help sometimes with figuring out who is doing what as well...)

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4048/4048353-12a3c06c877465e3066c72912aabdb3b.jpg

I mean in no way to be negative about BRN or its chart, just some food for thought for traders
    & chartists. My comment about not trading around this level, is only a reflection of my personal
    requirements for making a trade. I primarily only trade breakouts. I have what I consider very
    good reasons for that but that is an entirely separate topic and would not resonate with
    everyone. I have mentioned before that my chart comments are not a reflection of my long-term
    perspective on the fundamentals of BRN. My hopes for its long-term future are very high.
    I try to comment as honestly as possible on charts on a technical basis from a trader's
    perspective since that is what defines my entires. I hold a decent amount of BRN with a
    long-term view, but I will not add unless the opportunity meets my criteria. I do not change
    my tone in an attempt to manipulate others in ways that would benefit me. I consider that a
    disgusting way to make a living and I believe it is ultimately futile anyway.

Thank you for your input on the threads, I have gained much info from some of your posts.
    I am only human and if I have made an error somewhere I am happy to be corrected...

GLTA
    Last edited by YLJ: 02/02/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
27.0¢
Change
0.005(1.89%)
Mkt cap ! $501.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
26.5¢ 27.0¢ 26.5¢ $1.016M 3.800M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 1059388 26.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
27.0¢ 166139 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
26.8¢
  Change
0.005 ( 1.21 %)
Open High Low Volume
27.0¢ 27.3¢ 26.5¢ 3034679
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.