Just quickly put together a system for this, non-discretionary...

1. 3,416 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 442
    Just quickly put together a system for this, non-discretionary obviously.

RoR: 17%
    Max Drawdown: 24%

Rules;
    - Yearly low within in the last 6 months.
    - 65 crosses above 200ema.
    - enrty rank; (100 * Close / 5 day atr) (used for when there are more setups than open slots, a random entry generates roughly the same returns)

Filters;
    - Price > 25c
    - Lowest volume for last 20 days > 100,000
    - Lowest turnover (Close*Vol) for last 20 days > 100,000

Exit:
    - Initial Stop of 5% * Entry Price (next open price)
    - Trailing stop; 45 day lowest low.

Not a bad first pass, think there might be something in this. I will add though, the 25c price limit rules out a lot of the ones we have in the list. I haven't been able to develop any system on the spec end of the market, must be too volatile.

Tested this from 2015 to Today. Based on max 7 positions at any one time, works with >10% RoR from 5 to 15 positions, lower end obviously has less trades and more risk per trade etc.

A note on the exit, I tried ema's and the usual trailing % stops, not sure why the lowest low for the last xx days works here but it does. The standard 40% trailing stop has a 13% RoR with a larger drawdown at 35%. Might be worth looking into a volatility style stop as well.

Like most equity curves, it has been sideways since 2021! Hopefully recovering to new highs shortly.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6108/6108247-08a9fa4d34132f839cb3c30f6f8dbd24.jpg

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.