MOF 1.75% 28.0¢ macquarie office trust

fantazzyd,i am struggling to understand what you have just said...

1. 94 Posts.
    fantazzyd,

i am struggling to understand what you have just said here, feel free to let me know if im am interpretting it incorrectly

"Here a thought, why MOF directors manages it themselves."

What the hell?

"In some cases the management rights are worth more than the assets(considering some of the write downs) and if you are not satisfied with manager they want to be compensated."

what exactly are you trying to say??

management rights are almost never worth more than the gross assets themselves, as the worth of management rights is typically tied to a multiple of the management fee as a % of AUM + performance fee

ignoring that, are you trying to say that if management have stuffed up and unitholders want to replace the manager, then the existing management deserve to be compensated?

"MOF is not like rentroll being sold, MOF is dedicated to acquire and manage commercial property on behalf of unit holders."

MOF are a responsible entity who manage property, (though yes with an extended mandate to both dispose and acquire commercial property, in the interest of the unitholders)

what MOF are selling to charter hall is the 'goodwill' value of the management rights, which will probally be struck on a multiple of earnings derived from the current management agreement, just like a rent roll

the underlying concept is very similar

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MOF (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.