i use EzyProfessional which is ok without being great. good...

1. 3,707 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    i use EzyProfessional which is ok without being great. good start for a beginner though without much financial outlay. it does the job that i need though. i had problems with the data for a few weeks (through my computer settings and not the provider) and took the opportunity to check out the 30 day free trial from incrediblecharts.com which i find more than adequate. i suggest that you check out this free trial. many packages have free trials so that may be the best way for you to gauge what suits you.

i strongly recommend a book titled 'The Business of Share Trading' by Leon Wilson. I found this book invaluable when learning ta. Most importantly he shows the money and risk management side of things and also presents exactly what he does when trading shares eg his trading plan. He also discusses software, data providers, websites, etc and uses ezy and metastock for examples. you will have a much better approcach to trading after reading this book. it is focused on ASX and has a simplistic approach. essentially he was a carpenter who got injured and couldnt work so turned to trading for a living. his goal is to introduce this art to the average person and i cant speak highly enough of this book.

funnily enough he reminds me of Robbbbbbbbb from hot copper. looking to share his knowledge and learnings to help others

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.