Charting help, page-2

1. 2,089 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 51
    Hi @mitta if you get the time could you please help with the following.  I am trying to find a good starting point, I know the basics on charting, but what I am need to find out and fine tune is what is it that you look at in order to firstly pick a stock and secondly how to look for an entry point.  I have 2 screens and use Metastock for my charting (although still have a lot to learn with that).

I am just trying to figure out what sort of things I should be looking at on screen.  Do you have things like watchlists open, market depth, 5 min, 10 min, daily, weekly charts, in other words have you any recommendations as to what sort of things I could put up on the screens.  Do you particularly use candles or vary what you use

I have books on VSA Basics, Master the Markets,  heaps of books from Louise Bedford, Chris Tate and numerous others.  In other words I have thoroughly confused myself in that I don't which book to start with and what sort of things I should have on my screens in order to start trading efficiently.  I love the markets and would like to be in them long term, but to be frank have been stuffing up way to much.

You thoughts and help would be gratefully appreciated.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.