QAN 0.34% $5.88 qantas airways limited

Yes, but truly if anyone buys and sells on the basis of hot...

1. 2,558 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 181
    Yes,

but truly if anyone buys and sells on the basis of hot copper then they are setting themselves up for failure

1) you have no idea who is on the other end writing messges - could be a 16 yr old with one months experience

2) never know if they are baiting.

3) more then half the people commenting on an individual stock dont hold the stock - this is mostly when their conviction is so strong - why is that? i know the answer but cmon...

4) if you hold a stock it can do no wrong and if youre short then its the worst stock ever

5) its free resource - so instead of going to a full resesrch broker they come here because its cheap - nothing wrong with that per se but Id rather read something by an anylyst ( not so much for the buy/hold/sell and PT) but for the factual info - we know there not always right but if you read enough u start seeing the trees thru the forest

6) emotion has no place in investing - only goal is to make money thtas it.

7) Ok so everyones question to me - why do i read it and comment. Well not for advice thats for sure but the vtheires two values to me

a) its a whole lot of fun in spare time

b) its just another tool to search out stocks i may not have had my eye on and then go and do proper resesrch outside of HC

So to the above comment - not sure whether sarcastic or not, but its not a source of quality investment info at all. Its just one source that should never ever be relied upon to make a decision. Its funny people are investing real money but they really on someone to show them a chart. My view is if somenone cant even generate their own chart then they should not be investing by themselves.

Go to investing.com and pull up the chart function type in qan or whatever stock you like add a few indicators and hey presto you are know a chartist as good as 99% of people on HC. Then post it and put a few comments on so people think you know what youre talking about.

I not knocking those that do it, just saying the readers need to be careful and cautious about the information thay individually are preapred to rely on - thats why alot of my comments are about challenging posters because they put up a chart, make comments which are wrong and not how the mrkt works, the stock goes the other way, they hide for two months then come back with another chart and the cycle repeats.

Well whom am I, just someone with over 30 years experience working for sovereign wealth funds , brokers, banks etc - i know my shite. oh and a crazy old man to boot. Maybe just the last part but who will ever know.....?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.88
Change
0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $9.581B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.84 $5.91 $5.77 $44.66M 7.648M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 3937 $5.86

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.88 14024 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$5.89
  Change
0.020 ( 0.36 %)
Open High Low Volume
$5.84 $5.91 $5.77 1822614
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.