charting vs shouting vs grouping

1. 4,505 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3830
    I have seen that many charters shout a lot. I have often wondered why. If the chart looks good, quietly make the money. I don’t buy that these charters are good samaritans who want others to enjoy the ride because if the thing does not look good, they will be get out first before discussing. So why the obsessive shouting. It looks to me that this to form a group. Once the group is there, then the group can buy together and push price up or sell and bring price down. I don’t discount charting but it looks to me that roughly a third could be attributed to technical and other two-third to grouping, hence the shouting. This group selling forms support or resistance rather than the other way round.

There are some who seem to have realised this concept and have very cleverly taken a short cut. If it is mostly about forming a group, why go the extra effort to charting. They rely on shouting to form the group. There will be some flimsy reasons given for this obsessive shouting which is mainly to form a group which can buy/sell together.

I do not find any major difference between the charters who group and the shouters who group. I also associate someone having a big pocket or a group like fund manager who form a group of people selling and buying together which can produce the same result. Also different forums can provide means to form a group.

I think this concept mainly applies to small speculative stocks for a short term trade. It seems to provide good opportunity for short term trading.

Do people think forming a group is a major plus for these type of trading, and if so, what alternate measures can be used to do this. Like can HC provide capabilities (official or unofficial) to form groups and trade.

-dc1234

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.