HLF 0.00% 0.7¢ halo food co. limited

Yeah I can see it hurts, however I would say to LTSH who paid...

1. 268 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 131
    Yeah I can see it hurts, however I would say to LTSH who paid for Omniblend - it could have been much worse if you didn't buy Omniblend.

Without Omniblend joining the flock, all SH would have had was a NZ entity which was turning over $2m, trading at 35x revenue and unprofitable. The stock would then be solely reliant on China and one product (milk powder). At least buying Omniblend at around 0.75 - 1 x revenue this balanced out the revenue multiple more evenly which was sitting at a huge ~35x, who knows how far the SP could have fallen without Omniblend joining the flock, we could be sitting on 0.01c per share, or worse, zero.

It's all depended on if you believe the ex founders had a solid plan to build revenue of proprietary brands at a higher margin. Personally, I prefer the current CM base then onto proprietary brands once the funds are adequately available from CM. Rather than gambling on proprietary products from the get go, which burn marketing dollars, this play to me would have been high risk make or break.

I honestly believe management have done what is best for the business to date, the share price drop is separate from managements actions, which is why I've got by sentiment set to buy. I believe the SP drop is more tied to - ex founders selling, Covid, shipping concerns, interest rate rises and significantly due to long term holders now becoming impatient / being burned from the original high revenue multiple, all of which are not management or business related.

Anyway, I still think HLF has it's risks, but it's looking pretty positive today - half yearly in November.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HLF (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.