AAU 14.3% 1.2¢ antilles gold limited

Money from the DR case is the only positive announcement to...

1. pdi
    234 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Money from the DR case is the only positive announcement to raise the share price. That would be huge for AAU, but there is yet to be an update about the case, making me think it might take a bit longer. Another thing is, winning the case and getting money. I'm not a lawyer, but I've seen strange things over the years. It would be nice to get some reassurance/feedback from Brian.

I have been critical of the AAU lately, but the project itself is still attractive, and at some stage, the shareholders will be rewarded. I am mainly disappointed with the management. Some justified the CEO salary, but it is simply too excessive. I spend a bit of time comparing it to similar mining companies, and no one gets that much. Under current economic conditions, Brian should reduce his salary to a minimum; that's how good CEOs work for a performance fee, not a fixed salary. He owes that to shareholders that stayed with him after his last failed project.

I didn't sell shares today because I lost faith in their project. I just found better companies at a better discount.

I do see the share price falling further.

I listened to Brian's last interview, and I had this impression that he worried a bit about short-term funding, and also, he wasn't that excited talking about the EL Pilar project ( maybe he was aware that drilling results were just ok). It might be my overinterpretation, but it didn't sound reassuring.

It will be extremely challenging to raise the money. As you see, there is little interest, so the price would need to be attractive. Brian found some European investors during the last CR, but Europe is going through a rough winter, high inflation, war, etc.

I'll keep an eye on AAU. I have kept some of the shares, and who knows, at some stage, I might reenter. Their valuation is not attractive enough, especially when you compare it to other stocks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AAU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
-0.002(14.3%)
Mkt cap ! $11.29M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.3¢ 1.3¢ 1.1¢ $77.74K 6.455M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 3934045 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.3¢ 200000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.2¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 7.69 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.2¢ 1.2¢ 1.2¢ 4501918
Last updated 15.44pm 03/05/2024 ?
AAU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.