COB 1.27% 7.8¢ cobalt blue holdings limited

Charts for COB, page-33

1. 21 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    Azoff, my faint recollection of history:
    There was a lot of euphoria with LG investing about $10M (US$??) into COB at $1.20 per share. Around that time, the LME cobalt price hit US$100,000 per ton. COB was the only (or one of the few) pure play cobalt stock (and still is). A lot of other cobalt stocks are really nickel stocks with cobalt as by products. COB's SP was also hyped up at that time by a lot of posters in this forum, a lot of them have gone quiet. I remember the SP reached intraday high of $1.67.
    I think the crunch came when Wood McKenzie published an article on their assessment of cobalt price outlook which was not as great as a lot of people thought it would be. There was a big sell off at about $1 by some trading house but no body knows why. I think they had prior knowledge to the Wood Mc report. And then the scoping study that came out was wishy washy on the project economics, that was really a huge let down. The SP started plunging. The final blow was the announcement that COB is not going to fulfill their agreement with BPL to take the project to definitive feasibility study. COB was happy with part ownership of the project, I think at about 80%. The reason why they chose that is because they could not complete the DFS in the time frame stipulated. Of course BPL will not have the capital to complete the DFS either. At that time their share price was like $0.02.
    Then there was this legal battle with BPL which wasted one year. The SP kept spiraling down to about 8 cents, even below the 9.2 cent raise, due to erratic nature of market. It was a painful experience for a lot of investors. I sincerely hope they have hung on until now.
    I fully agree with the recent article in The Australian that investing in junior mining company is not for the faint hearted.
    This was my recollection of history. Other long term investors may have slightly different memories, but this is the gist.
    I am confident history will not repeat itself. IMHO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.8¢
Change
-0.001(1.27%)
Mkt cap ! $32.89M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.9¢ 8.0¢ 7.8¢ $21.49K 272.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 65933 7.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.0¢ 31308 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
COB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.