COB 0.00% 8.9¢ cobalt blue holdings limited

COB executed a capital raise in December at the perfect time....

1. 319 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    COB executed a capital raise in December at the perfect time. COB management knew the market will be crap in 2023 hence a cap raise at 58 cents was a good result.

Let's be real here. The global market is weakening. Interest rate increases, inflation etc. will add further pressure. Its not just COB that is getting smashed. The global economy is not in a good place. Demand will be lower for many things. At the moment there is more supply then demand for cobalt which means a low cobalt price. This is the main contributor to the SP.

Now some further evidence on the long-term future of cobalt. Im in the market for a FIAT 500e so i wanted to investigate what battery chemistry it uses. I found it's a Bosch battery pack that uses Samsung SDI battery cells. They use a NCM 811 makeup. And as you will see from the picture below it will be the choice going forward combined with solid state tech. The FIAT 500e is a top selling car in Italy and throughout Europe.

Its true that cobalt content will be lower in all batteries however what some people dont seem to accept is that due to future demand, the amount of cobalt needed will still be greater then supply from 2024 onwards. Even with new production and even with lower cobalt content batteries and even with LFP batteries for the cheap China cars for the China market mainly. This year the market will remain in oversupply. Things will change at some point next year.

Back to the Fiat 500e. I have made a decision to wait for solid state tech to arrive then i will buy an electric car. More density and cheaper. Its only 3 years away from now i believe and will be a game changer. It will then make sense to buy electric. Elon musk said solid state is the way to go too. The batteries will last longer too.

Look, in hindsight, we all could have sold COB at 70-90 cents and be looking to buy back in mid this year for easy money but i got sucked in by JK thinking a partner deal would arrive by now which would have kept the SP much higher. Trading would have returned higher results though i still believe this will have a market cap of 1 billion.

Check out the picture below. Samsung SDI roadmap.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5116/5116296-4172c7b199733adf3cc247d3723c24db.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $37.53M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.9¢ 9.2¢ 8.8¢ $85.15K 952.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 8.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.9¢ 38018 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
8.9¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.14 %)
Open High Low Volume
8.9¢ 9.2¢ 8.7¢ 343493
Last updated 15.59pm 06/05/2024 ?
COB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.