NXS 7.14% 19.5¢ next science limited

@tigertiger2I can tell you why I bought NXS yesterday, as the...

1. YLJ
    819 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 870
    @tigertiger2
    I can tell you why I bought NXS yesterday, as the reasons would be valid for an entry today as well...
    Almost purely technical perspective here, though I did have a peek at the quarterly results before entry...
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3090/3090930-2f704ec43e5bfe1efb1e90a42c03c88e.jpg

The weekly chart shows what is visually a clear bottoming pattern (although it is not a true Rounding Bottom
    as classified in Classical Charting). These types of bottoms are challenging in terms of timing an entry but
    the daily chart shows a 32-week Rectangle Pattern, the last few weeks of which form Cup & Handle with a perfect
    volume profile.
    The upper boundary was penetrated decisively on Monday with high volume relative to the previous few weeks
    of trading activity. That is a classic breakout trade entry. I only came across NXS yesterday mid trading day and did not
    catch the initial breakout Mon. Yesterday it perfectly retested the boundary @1.39, which is very common before a
    continuation as tight stopped day traders are shaken out. It provides a second entry opportunity which I took with
    a stop loss at 1.345. The minimum measured target for the Rectangle is 1.690 providing a 2.5+ risk/reward ratio from
    my entry @1.44. That classifies as a great trade opportunity IMHO. Had I seen it a few hours earlier I could have had an entry
    closer to 1.39 for a 4+ risk/reward ratio which is exceptional. Picking it up early today on the first sign of bullishness would
    have still provided a sensible trade.
    Although not personally a major factor in my trading, there is also a Golden Cross today (ie: 50-day Moving Average crossing
    the 200). It is considered by many traders to be a bullish entry signal.
    No guarantees that such trades will be successful but if one takes these definable opportunities when they arise & focuses
    on keeping the trade metrics as favourable as possible, one will succeed over time.
    Hope that helps. & best of luck...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NXS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
-0.015(7.14%)
Mkt cap ! $56.88M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.0¢ 21.0¢ 19.5¢ $69.72K 342.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 53999 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 59936 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NXS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.