PLS 1.32% $3.06 pilbara minerals limited

Charts: TA posts only please..., page-91

1. 90 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    There are big players in this game for whom millions of dollars spent refining analysis by seriously smart mathematicians and theoretical physics postgrads is small change and who will attempt to reduce their network speeds by milliseconds to beat other traders by buying real estate that is a block closer to the exchanges.  Big players who can sway the market by a single trade.  Big players who have invested seriously gross money on algorithms and research and staff.

And I am going to outsmart them because I just noticed the share price looks a little bit like a cup and saucer if I draw the lines at the right angle and scale and ignore where the same pattern went totally unexpectedly in the past?

I am not saying TA is all tea leaf reading, it is a measure of sentiment and indicates how people think in the very short term, but I would be wary of thinking I can sit at home with a drawing package I downloaded off the net and see a flag and pennant drawing on the previous days share price if I squint just right and that will tell me what the outcome of a court case over Rights of First Refusal or the chances of how the lithium demand will be in 12 months or if infrastructure and mine development can be completed on budget and time seems a stretch too far for me.

Especially when there are people with a fortune at stake who would be watching those same figures milliseconds before anyone and who know there are cup and saucer watchers buying and selling on those patterns and will have programmed into their million dollar algorithms ways to make money out of that knowledge.

Put me in the camp of, I like the patterns and talk but am not going to place bets of real money on it.  Please, I am not knocking anyone.

If it works you will be quietly laughing at me because you have made a reliable money spinning business out of it and more fool me.  

Like I said, I like looking at the patterns and trying to see meaning in it but I am not going to put my money where I think the horsie and ducky are!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.