MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

"mitta: I an beginning to wonder if TA has become such common...

1. 1,992 Posts.
    "mitta: I an beginning to wonder if TA has become such common knowlegde that it's lost it's edge.....volume and price relationship are the reality.."

hi SBB. saw your above comment and thought i'd add my 2 cents worth.

finding a good TA tool that consistently provides you with constant wins is refered to as a holy grail. there is no TA or system that provides wins on every trade.

most traders who lose, look for the 'HOLY GRAIL' they will jump from one system to the next looking for the latest next hot system, and in so doing bypass and abandon perfectly good systems that have had a good record of success.

most traders who win use good technical analysis that will properly evaluate a trading system to determine if it is good or not. and they stick to it.

compared to 20 years ago the TA that we have available today is far superior. and 20 years ago i was only using FA in my investments. i have used the exact same TA strategy as a full time trader for the past 11 years and it works for me.

TA imo hasn't lost it's edge with the advent of the home computer it has only become far easier to use. but remember even with this ease around 80% of traders will fail in the first 8 months of trading. so i would put forward the statement that TA hasn't lost it's edge only the trader using it has. imo.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.