RFE 0.00% 0.0¢ series 2018-1 reds trust

Mimmo - some of our biggest shareholders are the nominee...

1. 1,053 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Mimmo - some of our biggest shareholders are the nominee accounts....people often mistakenly think these are purely for big names trying to hide there names from the register but a significant portion of these are the custodians for various online platforms. For example if you are long RFE in Saxo or Halfiax then I think your stock is actually sitting it Citi or JP Nominees (sorry I forgot which). I am fairly certain that one of the ways theare make money is by then lending their huge portfolios of shares out to shorters who need to borrow.

But in saying that I don't think it really explains what is going on here with the mysterious shorters.....I imagine the "shorter" is just a prop trading account within the same firm as one of the accumulators. If one entity was both buying and selling churning their stock then you could easily point to market manipulation (price control) but if two distinct entities (evn within same ultimate firm ) do it then they are just taking opposing views.....of course they never have to worry about where they will borrow stock as they have their mate on the next desk.....and when they want to close out they can just do a X trade off market at their average price (51c sounds good) so the profits of one group is passed to the other.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.