TSO 0.00% 3.3¢ tesoro gold ltd

Seems to be a bit of confusion about gaps, ill use TSO as an...

1. 3,612 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1220
    Seems to be a bit of confusion about gaps, ill use TSO as an example and try explain a little..... " when a stock price gap is observed, by a chance of 91.4% it will get filled in the future. In layman's word, 9 in 10 gaps get filled; not always, but pretty close. "

Gaps only fill forwards, to use an example, the yellow rectangles is a gap up, the gap left at .265-.275, which recently filled, the gap in green rec is what i would consider a breakaway gap which i wouldn't expect to fill unless there is a severe downturn in gold price, gaps in blue rec are an example of a gap down then price coming back up to fill it (coincidentally filling the prior gap by creating a new gap), gap in red is where i would expect it to retrace to once gold has a short lived breather, gaps dont always fill ! especially on fast moving in demand spec stocks so dont put too much emphasis on them, but they can provide good entry points if you missed the initial run.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2628/2628252-9bb559b14bf5ab02d591af42909b8366.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.