QAN 0.07% $6.98 qantas airways limited

Ok folks, here are some facts for the flying Kangaroo.Alan Joyce...

1. 793 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Ok folks, here are some facts for the flying Kangaroo.

Alan Joyce became CEO in Nov. 2008. Since then, we have seen the following profit/ loss results as at June of that year;

09 - $123m profit
    10 - $116m profit
    11 - $249m profit
    12 - $244m loss
    13 - $ 6m profit
    14 - expected loss of up to $850m

Share price performance

Was $2.28 when AJ stepped in, now @ $1.10.

Dividends - none paid since 2009.

AJ has had almost 5 and a half years to make his mark, as the numbers for 2013 and 2014 indicate, we are now in a serious downtrend, QF now has Junk status in the finance world and the Jetstar strategy continues to be a major concern with massive costs associated with Jetstar Japan, Jetstar Asia, Jetstar Hong Kong and Jetstar Pacific.

If a companies sp and shareholder return on investment is the major measure of a CEO' s performance, I think we should all be asking questions about who is leading this co. and just how much longer they will need to turn this thing around! Personally, I think the current strategy is very flawed and the numbers are sadly heading in the wrong direction. We need to reintroduce routes through SIN and/ or HKG to Europe and fast. Since we pulled out, SIN air and Cathay have never seen it so good, they are absolutely laughing at us and enjoying the non competition on these routes.

Surfrat

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.