APX 6.52% 49.0¢ appen limited

How? Can you please provide your reasoning why?There's really...

1. 95 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    How? Can you please provide your reasoning why?

There's really only two things Appen does. Sell Datasets, and sell services to create or improve datasets.

As far as I can see, Appen stands to gain very little apart from the overall renewed interest in AI generally. There's no way for them to sell product (ie Datasets) and have them linked to ChatGPT for example. There's no competitive advantage to them just because ChatGPT exploded. While Microsoft being involved is nice for my MSFT holdings because they will own half of OpenAI, it is not like the APX SP has jumped 20% in the last month.

If they could show ways of taking their datasets and integrating them with better results, then there is a way of increasing revenue by selling the datasets to more people, or increasing the demand for their services. Being able to provide swathes of annotated data around world events, politics and finance which makes it easier for ChatGPT or similar services to provide better results is something that will push the SP in the right direction.

It will still require new versions of ChatGPT to be able to have users plug additional data in, but longer term I can see a benefit if they can provide an easy integration.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
49.0¢
Change
0.030(6.52%)
Mkt cap ! $109.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
45.0¢ 49.0¢ 44.5¢ $1.126M 2.375M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 77041 48.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
49.0¢ 391 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
APX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.