AXM 0.00% 1.1¢ apex minerals nl

cheer up cheer squad, page-31

1. 4,326 Posts.
    thanks for the reply juk,

from that information and the one i supplied then i read that it is quite possible Argincourt never actually hit 120k ounces, i say this as Huntley say "Production of 120,000oz is targeted in FY07", sure this could be interpreted different ways but the use of targeted and the way it reads to me just seems like this is a new forecast and hasn't been hit previously.

I also read that they had the low grade problem which we already knew through Apex ann on the mine during the aquisition, infact i think most of the companies associated with previous apex mines had similar problems which is the reason Apex consolidated them to source the highest grades from each deposit and blend them with the lower grades.
    Considering these lower grades and the fact this is the period 01/07/09 - 1/09/09 and they achieved 25822ounces, you then look at my post above where it was stated the last quarter they had it they produced under 25k,
    then it looks like the best they were achieveing was around the 100k mark which is where apex is now after only 3 months of operation.

you also look at those cash costs back then and compare it to today and AXM are targeting less than that, admitedly they've probably blown out a bit from initial estimates but this higher grade ore that AXM will eventually tap into should help to stabilise that and more than likely help to reduce costs somewhat.

As for the second part of my question re Apex grades etc the reason i asked was a few people have said the same thing recently and i'm trying to determine if people are using hypotheticals and past tense, talking about information 3 months old, or is there some current information floating around?

regards
    Davo

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AXM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.