AJX 9.09% 1.0¢ alexium international group limited

This is sort of what pinto has been talking about for sometime,...

1. 2,080 Posts.
    This is sort of what pinto has been talking about for sometime, if one of these big companies like Huntsman want to take over Alexium, they will only get it by being nice, possibly putting someone on our board and buying the allowed amount, as I've said before, the big stake holders won't let it be sold for peanuts.

The reason this is important now is that we've seen the sentiment towards the company fall to low levels over the last 12 months, in that 12 months there's been a lot of shares transferred from shareholders to institutions, now the low sentiment may have the effect on shareholders to sell at a cheaper SP target if a takeover were offered than they would've excepted say 18 months ago when sentiment was high, so this move of shares away from retail holders to institutions would be seen as great by the larger holders as the thoughts of a few institutions are a lot easier to control than that of hundreds of shareholders.
    What this means is if someone like Huntsman (don't forget ICL are our partners as well) want to take us out, it will be harder to get the shares off institutions than it would've been to get them off the shareholders whose sentiment had dropped due to things taking longer than expected, the move to institutional holdings has made it markedly harder for anyone to take us over, many shareholders that used to have targets of say $3 probably lowered that target due to the low sentiment, but institutions don't act like retail holders and they see market manipulation and these shake out tactics for what they are.

I feel sorry for many that've had to sell out, but at the same time I'm happier with my own investment knowing institutions have increased their holdings and retail holdings are declining, another way to look at it is the amount of stock that can be relatively easily manipulated is getting less due to the decline in retail holdings, this is another important aspect of the puzzle because you don't get as many retail holders selling for small profits which means there's less available stock (here's an example), 1 lot of 100k shares sold by a retail holder could be resold as many as 50 times over a fluctuating SP in an uptrend from 55 cents to 80 cents, meaning in every up and down fluctuation it can be sold over and over to make small profits, the less amount of these shares available will help any up movement considerably IMO, the less free floating shares available the better.

In summary, it is getting harder for anyone to take us over with the more institutional support we gain, sentiment will of had an adverse effect on many retail holders, many who may have now taken lesser targets than originally expected, institutions for those with a longer term outlook are a good thing IMO!

Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.0¢
Change
-0.001(9.09%)
Mkt cap ! $15.62M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.0¢ 1.0¢ 1.0¢ $79 7.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 6867539 1.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.1¢ 56160 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.15pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AJX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.