SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Chess board laid, page-75

1. 840 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    "Everyone has a breaking point. Walking Eagle recently passed his"................

................I can see where you're coming from TR but it's not strictly correct. I'm very frustrated by what's happened of late because - rightly or wrongly I see it as a try-on - another fundamental business misjudgement (I'm talking about the attempt to snatch what's in the escrow account). I am now totally convinced Grech isn't up to the mark. I have taken the trouble to look back at SGH's history since he took the helm. The business strategy adopted under his tenure is remarkably similar to that adopted in another part of the world in a bigger way by a character the SFO is currently trying to nail.

The jury seems to be out on whether the profits declared in AG's ever-growing empire were ever really there. Where was the cash?

Grech should have gone - it is my genuine belief the recovery would have been faster. The recovery should come - when did lawyers' businesses ever not make money (except under AG's stewardship).

I'm sticking around for a while. I'm not sure the corner has yet been turned. It isn't hard to imagine a much higher share price when it is clear the recovery is underway. The warranty claims are a diversion and unlikely to succeed in the volume needed to justify either the risk of media slaughter and/or further damage to the SP. AG appears to be gambling his career on the judgement of a barrister. If the barrister concludes there's no case to answer, whose fault would that make the whole fiasco in the eyes of Joe Average?

all imho/dyor = GLAL

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.