It would definitely seem to be a cyclic time to buy into the low...

1. 14,188 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 496
    It would definitely seem to be a cyclic time to buy into the low of the market in oil and gas for long term investment, take LNG as an example, but I think that oil and gas is one of the best indicators of world economic destabilisation considered in it's broader world effect. The fact that you are seeing a lot of sell offs of large scale company assets to companies that are more local to the regions in which they are buying these assets could be considered a result of trade war tariffs and currency destabilisation because countries wanting their own oil and gas supply is a must in a global correction periods ie costs of refining it and importing it. Particularly in South East Asia and Indo. Also rising military needs of newly developed countries need access to Oil and gas.

But what is more scary I think is the as a result of such change is the lack of interest in long term investment due to other factors of unrest which could bring on a global correction and seems to be of more concern if the new renewable energy market fails as well on top creating a perfect storm so to speak, the EV revolution, anti fossil fuel groups, Anti Coal mining and anti gas drilling movements that seem to be on the rise because if they weren't the oil and gas industry would be doing far better with the drilling results and trade sell offs of key assets, but what you are seeing over all is mass shorting of Oil and gas stocks and it is happening to lithium stocks as well now look at GXY according to the shortman site. All fundamental indications of financial health globally.

I think oil and gas will be a good investment after the next correction which I think going by trading patterns in oil and gas combined with currency devaluations resulting as inflation globally are all over ignored factors which could turn out very bad very quickly in this climate, the fundamentals of the situation of these combined global influences is saying something on a broader more impacting scale.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.