XJO 0.81% 7,971.6 s&p/asx 200

chewy tuesday, page-49

1. 17,444 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    Danlupi

I am not sure I would be placing much faith in brokerage houses, but I don't know their record, but suspect it is not good.

The variation in scenarios from some of the better "gurus" elsewhere is vast, from continuing down all year to 12 month rallies of 50%.

Personally, I admit to having no firm conviction of anything at the moment.

When that happens I just stay with my basics.

They say the trend is still down but there are mixed signals.

That means I will stay a little lighter with shorts and play the day both ways rather than just with the trend.

You are correct about cycles IMO.

They are everywhere like on an ocean and I think I see the most important BUT like comets there are probably ones that appear once in 100 years or 1000 years and the longer the span probably the greater the power.

Although I warned of the 62 month cycle heading down from May last year which was the same cycle that peaked in Sep 1987, I really thought that other important cycles which were heading up from there would mute the fall but they didn't.

That bothers me somewhat but part of the game and why you need a system that won't fight the market.

Because of my cycle ideas I wasn't probably as heavily short as I should have been but I can't complain about my gains.

Those cycles picked the 1990's well and even saw the massive acceleration from 1995 in the US. It handled everything well up to March last year and only since have I been a little wrong, lol.

Tells me to start doing more study and stop resting on past laurels.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.