MSB 2.23% $1.10 mesoblast limited

Are you saying Mesoblast is still a start up company, after ~16...

1. 587 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 79

Are you saying Mesoblast is still a start up company, after ~16 years? Ridiculous comparison to Tesla. I read further below a comparison to Apple, oh my word... MSB has one material revenue stream and cannot get regulators to approve their lead product. There is no realistic chance of material revenue in the mid term.

Three months ago MSB had 3 phase III trial results pending and were on the cusp of FDA approval. The hype and share price were justified at the time IMO, given the potential upside. Fast forward to today, they have two failed phase III trials and the FDA has rejected their lead product. Hard to accept, but that's the reality.

From a science / efficacy viewpoint perhaps not all is lost. Maybe in time (many years) success will come. I hope it does, but commercially it appears MSB is about to enter a world of hurt in 2021. What's their cash burn like? When will more revenue come? how do they fund further trials? what do they do with the team in the US set up in expectation of sales that will no longer come? will they ever get a successful phase III? How can the current market cap be justified?

it sucks, but MSB has been set back years with the recent failures. People should read all posts on HC with a high level of scepticism, especially the numerous 'up-ramping' posts, such as those comparing MSB to apple or Tesla etc.

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.10
Change
-0.025(2.23%)
Mkt cap ! $1.250B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.13 $1.16 $1.04 $14.57M 13.49M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 21024 $1.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.10 241 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.