Child Care Union push.

1. 2,950 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    I’m a little confused by what their Union arguments are for an increase in hourly rates.

The $21 would be the lowest paid carer’s wage being used as an example, but no mention of other hourly rates which most carers would be on.

Haven’t they heard that psychologist used to mention that people didn’t necessarily wanted a wage increase, but an appropriate title. I think that they are lucky that no one has complained them calling themselves 'Early Child Educators'.
    Their Union is taking a bit off liberty in claiming that they are highly educated when in effect it is only a TAFE certificate - my experience is that TAFE courses standards have dropped drastically since making money is expected from these colleges.

What the does the Union mean by equal pay? Is it from the point of view off gender inequality or they inferring that they are on par with kindergarten teachers etc.

Aren’t carers simply acting as stand-in parents, who passed on their parental obligation onto a third party.

If parents think that their strike is justified, they are welcome to dip into their own pockets!

Radicool View

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.