EQR 2.04% 5.0¢ eq resources limited

Interesting article, but I sense some smoke and mirrors? Sure,...

1. 3,795 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 100
    Interesting article, but I sense some smoke and mirrors?
    Sure, it is cheaper to establish that you have a brine resource than a hard rock resource ( and if you haven't a resource, then you haven't lost/spent a lot, think RMX), but then what of the cost of creating a saleable product?
    From my observations, a hard rock resource requires separation and concentration, to a low Li% ( say 6%, or a bit better) to be acceptable to downstream concentrators, to convert (ie chemistry) to a high value, saleable (99.9%minimum)Li battery metal. And that involves (ball park) costs comparable to any hard rock metal mining; the drilling infunitum to prove, the plant and equip. etc etc . Many, many comparisons and well understood.
    I own shares in hard rock Li Co's, and have for a long while.

From my observations, a brine resource requires ultimately less drilling (if successfully targeted), and many, large, controlled and managed evaporation ponds to do the concentrating. Don't mention the pumping. A lot of management. From there, a very, very complex, and variable chemical plant must be created by which to extract other resultant brine salts to hopefully produce a 99.5+ Li battery mineral.
    Much of this process is not "common knowledge", and much of it would be "confidential in confidence", within the holders, as such is its rarity.
    There has been only one lithium brine company to have started in the last 20 years in the world. And yes, the demand has only started to rise in say the last 4-5 years, so no doubt more will try.
    I own shares in that Co, and have for a very long time. ORE. (And not cross-promoting, but pointing for research).
    I humbly suggest all DYOR, and check the road ahead. Have a look at their history.

Personally, I consider SEI should focus on shoring up the asset we already have a big interest and investment in, as a long cycle turns, and ensure our foothold.
    There is Lithium all over the place, but Tg is "strategic".
    I do consider our Li brine tenements were over looked by others due to size.
    I hope we don't spend to much proving something good, but not viable.
    I believe we should be considering how we generate the $10 M? to secure the strategic asset.
    JMHO.
    It wont count for much to some cheer leaders here. I've been denigrated before as I have only a small holding; regardless, my money matters to me, as does all holders to them.
    Again, DYOR.
    Last edited by R.C.: 07/01/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EQR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
0.001(2.04%)
Mkt cap ! $103.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 5.0¢ 4.6¢ $10.61K 222.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 167497 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.0¢ 249999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EQR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.