SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

China $5 Billion Wologisi Bombshell, page-2

1. 2,502 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 198
    Hi Matt

You have just confirmed my understanding why Cameroon is now in charge of mine equity and funding .

I think once again, China has got a very strong contender. This time is for Wologisi in Liberia.

Six months ago, India announced she aims to treble steel production by 2025. Indian companies plan to invest U$46 billion to build new steel plants.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/india-s...-steel-production-capacity-by-2025-1433172500

Last month, India has called off talks with Afghanistan Government on a proposed U$11-billion iron-ore mining and steel mill project at Hajigak in view of spread of Taliban control close to the proposed iron-ore reserves and steel mill site.

The project was first conceived in 2011, led by SAIL and included iron-ore miner NMDC Limited, JSW Steel, Jindal Steel & Power Limited and Monnet Ispat.

http://www.miningweekly.com/article/india-afghanistan-wont-pursue-mining-steel-project-2015-11-27

I believe "India" is the "Friendly Country" that appeared a few times in SDL's ASX announcement. What does this mean? Fierce competition?

One thing for sure is I will hold tight with all my SDL shares.

I am expecting the long overdue "Merry Christmas" will be delivered by SDL Board this year.

Good luck to all SDL holders.

Pikapika

10 September 2015

Liberia: Special Envoy From India Brings Message for President Sirleaf

A Special Envoy of India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Mr. Gowdara Mallikarjunappa Siddeshwara, Minister of State for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises of India, at the head of an Indian Delegation arrived in the country yesterday, September 10.

According to a Foreign Ministry release, Mr. Siddeshwara will deliver a 'Special Message' to President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, from Prime Minister Modi.

In addition to his political occupation, Mr. Siddeshwara is an agriculturist and businessman by profession, and former Minister of State for Civil Aviation of India.

While the contents of the message remain undisclosed, Mr. Siddeshwara's profile suggests possible reiteration of India's interest in Liberia's most coveted Wologisi iron ore reserve, located in Lofa County.

In 2013, Indian mining firm Jindal Steel unsuccessfully wooed the Liberian government for a concession agreement to exploit the country's last remaining iron ore reserve.

Meanwhile, a competing expression of interest in Wologisi was made by multi-billion dollar mining firm Sinotech Minerals during the visit of the high-powered, "Win-Win" investment delegation from the People's Republic of China at the beginning of August 2015. During the visit of that delegation,

President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf informed the delegation that any investment interests must be acted upon expeditiously, as her administration is running out of time.

The Siddeshwara delegation includes Indian Ambassador accredited near Monrovia, Abidjan and Freetown, Dinesh Bhatia and the Special Envoy's Special Assistant, Haranahally Shivalingaiah Hariprasad.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201509110646.html

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.