SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

Hi Pikapika, I thought about what you posted and have arrived at...

1. 10,494 Posts.
    Hi Pikapika, I thought about what you posted and have arrived at the same conclusion. It's pretty clear China has prevailed (and for some time).

The Indian Government led and supported SAIL consortium being the Friendly Country is extremely likely and the reason why the Cameroon Government took back the responsibility for mine equity and funding. I also now appreciate why Mota-Engil was never offically announced as having being eliminated from contention despite her diminishing chances.

The entrance of the "Friendly Country" IMO could be the catalyst for matters being finally brought to a head (allowing for all possibilities). If true, then Mbalam-Nabeba would have been the subject of a fierce fight to the death between the two most populous nations on the planet (the most recent development in Wologisi supports this speculation).  

You may recall Naveen Jindal (which I always believed acted as a scout for wider Indian interests) dropped in on Biya in December 2012. Jindal Steel & Power did a back flip on Afferro within the space of 2 months citing financial unviability and low grade (coinciding with Sundance being granted the Congo mining permit and the Cameroon mining convention).

I also note that according to the SDL - ASX Small to Mid Caps Spotlight in Asia presentation dated 14 May 2013, Sundance commissoned 2 IBs - Ernst & Young and PCF Capital to engage with Indian interests.  

Check out this article - why would India build a rail line from Mbalam to the coast. This is the Mota-Engil connection I believe.

http://www.reuters.com/article/jindal-cameroon-iron-idUSL5E8N69Z020121206

Dec 6 Indian group Jindal Steel and Power will invest around $500 million in Cameroon to build a power plant, a railway line and an iron ore processing plant, Cameroon's state radio reported, citing the country's mines ministry.

The 500 MW thermal power station will be built in the southwestern town of Limbe, while the rail line will run between the coastal city of Kribi and Perth-based Sundance Resources Ltd.'s iron ore project in Mbalam in the east.

The processing plant will be located in Kribi, home to a deep-water port.

"Jindal Steel and Power will invest nearly $500 million... in the beginning. Afterward, other investment projects... could also follow," state broadcaster CRTV reported late on Wednesday, quoting a mines ministry statement.

Good luck to all holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.