China America War in Darwin, page-5

1. 7,036 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 166
    A couple of things (and I am right of centre and ex-military x Justin to qualify):

1) Ports are sold and operated by different entities across the world

2) Since when does the US dictate who we do business with or how. It has, substantially, no affect to the US military or other objectives

3) I went to Darwin a couple of years ago to work and within about 2 hours out and about I could tell you which US units were in port

4) The Chinese don’t have to own the port to know who is there or which ships come in. Squaddies practically throw the information at you after a few sherbets.

5) If there was some form of potential conflict (with port owners) all bets are off and they can be rounded up and carted off site.

6) there is more of a threat to Garden Island in Sydney surrounded by a large contingent of Chinese Nationals. (In general terms).

Sorry but this is much ado about nothing. Look at Chinese ownership in the US. Does it concern them? Long Beach for example and the UAE run some others. It may piss off Trump but the Chinese influence is everywhere. European ports?
    More than a dozen across the North Sea and Med. Is that detrimental to the operation of NATO?

People need to get a grip on reality. Port operation through COSCO or equivalent is expediency not a threat to National Security.

I agree with Kingpins - if a flotilla of ships rock up for a ‘visit’ and you are unaware there is something fundamentally flawed in your defence.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.