AOE 0.00% $4.68 arrow energy limited

china and ng - ref, page-10

1. 4,234 Posts.
    Exxon... who knows? They only recently acquired XTO (~$40B in scrip?) and they are involved heavily with QatarGas and RasGas. Shell are also involved with QatarGas and have their massive Pearl GTL facility there.

So Exxon do have a large demonstrated interest in unconventional (shale) gas production and significant LNG interests.

I think another more likely possibility could be BP. Somebody mentioned briefly that they had set up an office in brisbane. That would be the third and complete 'intrusion' by the british majors on the wild colonial boys territory.

BP are ranked in the top 5 world energy coys. I know they also have significant interests in LNG and gas as well as being involved in SE Asia. They already export to China through Indonesias Tangguh field with a 37% interest.

I just checked on the BP website about the project. CNOOC also have a 17% interest in the project. A competing CNOOC/BP partnership would be interesting. I am sure BP and Shell would be willing to compete, however, how much love would be shown to them from the two competing state owned companies (CNOOC/Petro) I dont know.
    Tangguh
    Fujian takes first shipment July 2009

ONGC and Reliance could be possibilies but they have not really shown any interest in East coast gas, nor have I heard them ever mentioned on HC. China

Cheers,

SF

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AOE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.