GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

BHYour intital posts say little about power and more about...

1. 1,916 Posts.
    BH

Your intital posts say little about power and more about generalisations I thought.

As for trade well is it not that the basis in any argument for a "reserve currency"? So bi-laterally countries are making their own decisions - aside from "perceived" dominance of 1 country or another.

Suffice to say the significance of Brazil as a major oil supplier of the future (given their fairly recent major oil find) you underestimate or maybe have have no knowledge of and when considered in the overall picture should not be underestimated - the US may do so at its peril.

Your statement about anti-American rhetoric from Latin America holds true for China as well - equal bases the way I see it.

As for upsetting the US$ applecart - one would have thought the US have done enough themselves.

But yes no getting away from China's power and increasing influence - but it ain't quite checkmate and the term BRIC wasn't coined for no reason.

A reserve currency is only as such because the majority of people on this planet at any particular time - perceive it to be so. It will take more than China alone to topple the USD off it's tree.

I disagree with NK and yourself in the "perception" it must be the choice of the lesser of 2 evils or how ever you wish to market and package it or worse have fallen for the marketing and packaging yourselves.

The world is indicating it has a serious case of world reserve currency indigestion. Bilateral arrangements are the tried but true "milk of magnesia" solution when some countries insist on over eating given the current condition of the patient. But the "milk" only serves to treat the symptom and not the cause - that is where Gold comes in.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.