GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

china, argentina to trade in chinese currency , page-8

1. 20,020 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 870
    Hi BH - you say "trading isn't getting done at the moment, because the accepted means of executing that trade has broken down" - yet I am still filling my car with petrol and most of our oil for our refineries comes from O/S. Also, we here in Aus are still exporting goods O/S. I assume you're exaggerating for effect here but I would be very interested to know what the indicators are that trade is breaking down and where exactly it is breaking down. The way I see it is life goes on and companies and countries that can't trade internationally will not survive. Also, what exactly is the problem? No one trusts the USD any more? Break down of WTO talks? Thanks. Please excuse any ignorance I may have shown here.

So... in order to break this trade impasse, I have decided to print a new currency. It will be called "the butcher" (butch for short) and will have a value of 1 butcher = 1/1000th of an oz of gold. I will back it from a gold ETF of which all the gold will be leased out for sale back to the people who have wads of "butcher" notes. That way I don't need to own any gold myself (The Reserve Butcher Bank International (RBBI)). I will initially be flogging them for 1 USD each, but that is only till the end of this week. After that they will cost more. Anybody wanna buy a few trillion butchers? Get in early I suggest...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.