china boom still has plenty of momentum, page-23

1. 30,924 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 174
    peteai, not at all. I couldn't care less what happens in that sense. I'm just trying to position my investments as best as possible, and as China is Australia's present, and probably future, it is critical to know as much about what is happening there as possible.

China's current boom will (has already) collapse(d) - that is inevitable given the size of the boom. How long it will be before their next cycle starts again I don't know, but they will come back: THAT is the natural order of things. The US being top dog was only because it was their turn, after the British, after the Spanish, after the French etc. etc.

btw, China does not sell more cars than any nation on earth - they may make them, but like many other parts of the economy, the product is sitting unsold to the end customer. Another Chinese distortion - they count a car sale when it is sold to the wholesaler - the yanks when the retailer takes it - the europeans when the car is actually registered. Half of the Chinese cars sold in June stayed with the wholesaler. The channels are stuffed full.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.