China calls Australia "a joke"., page-83

1. 28,432 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    China is already outsourcing work to the poor Asian countries.

The higher living standards in China (workers hourly rate) has meant many of the companies producing labour intensive products have shifted offshore.
    Made in Bangladesh under contract to Chinese company xyz is the reality.

A novel idea would be to support our own manufacturing industries, subsidise power, break away from climate commitments (that doesn’t mean we cannot aim for cleaner/better energy production) and build some self reliance.
    Even if we just targeted the next step or two of our mineral exports, iron ore to steel, rare earths, lithium concentrates and such we would be financially better off/more stable with better employment levels a more robust economy.

We have too many people in Australia that can only say no and think of reasons why it’s impossible.
    I don’t believe it is impossible, I do understand that some of it may be impractical and I understand that it would be very, very difficult.
    Where we would find a Party to implement this, I don’t know?
    Could it be sold to the voting public? Probably not.

China thinks everyone’s a joke and fair enough.
    They’re playing to win and it seems like we’re just playing with ourselves as we dig another hole or two to make them even more powerful.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.