China calls Australia "DOG of the US", page-58

1. 41,385 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1007
    From a market perspective some here naively thinks Indian market is an alternative to Chinese ones. Do you people think our exporters are that dumb? Of course every market has a great potential to take our commodity exports, it is the SIZE stupid. If it was that easy before Covid19, we would have diversified our exports to India way before arm chair critiques offering hindsight consultancy. Hell we could even export our gas to Russia, wheat to US and rice to China/Thailand!

Make no mistake, US is telling and not asking us to do their consensus dirty work and we just obliged. Barley farmers can grow something else, beef can redirect to local source, coal will please climate changers, lobsters ditto local consumption, milk formula will satisfy local complains, tourism will flow from locals, Unis can educate more locals. IO remains the problem. What can go wrong?

Potential flash point in HK and like always depending upon political stripes, Riots or Democratic protesting, should we dive into another diplomatic incident and continue to poke our largest trading partner in the eye? Alternatively I can also see plenty of injustice in US, comedy to some but after all it is internal problems right? Should we make running commentaries on other country's internal problems based on selective political optimization? I abhor capital punishment and Singapore just took a Zoom virtual announcement to break it to the death row inmate, we should be banging the pots in protest!

There are plenty of inconsistencies and I understand the realities of pragmatism. People should make up their mind as what truth really is instead of just looking at news media thinking that it is unadulterated fact and that applies to Trump as well on both sides.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.