AN1 0.00% 0.8¢ anagenics limited

China deal..... Fukang Ren?, page-33

1. 383 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 727
    - “I've had a quick look at some of their "patents" Not impressed. Somebody tell me.... Why do we have to get into bed right now with a company that "patents" concoctions consisting of Chinese traditional medicinal ingredients combined with pharmaceuticals developed in the West. Where is the "science" in that?”

“Wait until they have a go at reverse engineering Evolis…. as long as we are not dragged down by being associated with what might be construed by some as shonky science.” -

The Evolis products CDY are asking Beijing Fukangen to market might well themselves be viewed as patented concoctions consisting of traditional medicinal plant ingredients and extracts. Indeed the products owe their efficacy to those very ingredients.

With regard to any perceived dangers of reverse engineering,
    given that Evolis is a product freely available on the market, such dangers should be in no way increased simply because of a particular arrangement of supply. In fact I would suggest that under an exclusive distribution arrangement it would be in Beijing Fukangen’s interest to ensure that no other Chinese manufacturer engages in such a practice. We may therefore find that we have in fact engaged a policeman on our behalf.

With regard to the company’s patent practices and scientific ability I have included below a list of the 20 most recent of their patents published by the European Patent Office
    (of 322 listed there). There is only one (no 6) that directly relates to traditional Chinese medicine and that relates to the extraction of an active component (like Evolis’s active plant extract).

I would suggest that the list reflects a very substantial and very broad range of pharmaceutical expertise and certainly does not suggest any compromise of scientific skills.

I would seem to me that Beijing Fukangen may have been a very advantageous choice.

poorinvestor

Patent Title
    (1) Tenofovir alafenamide hemifumarate novel crystal form
    (2) Sustained-release preparation containing Baricitinib
    (3) Fesoterodine fumarate crystal form and preparation method thereof
    (4) Liquid preparation containing Vonoprazan
    (5) Preparation technique for improving dissolution rate and stability of insoluble drug
    (6) Extraction process of traditional Chinese medicine for treating liver diseases
    (7) Compound preparation containing vonoprazan and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
    (8) Adefovir dipivoxil derivative new crystal form
    (9) Lesinurad-containing compound composition and preparation method thereof
    (10) Novel solvates of R-lansoprazole
    (11) New freeze-drying method for reduced glutathione for injection
    (12) Medicinal composition containing febuxostat
    (13) Dexlansoprazole enteric-coated slow controlled-release pellet tablets
    (14) New application of morphinan quaternary ammonium salt derivative
    (15) Application of morphinan quaternary ammonium salt derivative to blocking exogenous opioids
    (16) Dextrodoxylamine succinate
    (17) Medicinal composition containing cordyceps sinensis
    (18) Drug composition for treating vomiting during pregnancy
    (19) Pharmaceutical composition containing ezetimibe and atorvastatin
    (20) Stable lamivudine granule

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AN1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.