ARU 0.00% 19.5¢ arafura rare earths ltd

You seem to think I am a doppelganger for some other dude but,...

1. 905 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 104
    You seem to think I am a doppelganger for some other dude but, uh, no.

Anyway, your post basically boils down to 'they are a warlike people and will never unite'. I should point out that Europe fought itself for hundreds of years but eventually formed the EU, so nothing lasts forever.

But anyway, I do agree with your point that the internal fractions are huge in Afghanistan, not least because they are exploited by outsiders to maintain their influence. Just look at Iran which hates the US and was celebrating Taliban victory...until they defeated the Panjshir crowd... because the ethnic groups in Panjshir are closer to Iranians and have been a lifeline of USD to the sanctioned Iranian regime.

Right now there is a struggle within the Taliban itself. The hardliners are gloating in their victory over NATO and hold an edge over the moderates. People will mock at the word 'moderates' but there are moderate elements who want ethnic reconciliation, women educated and in the workforce. Afghanistan is not going to open nightclubs any time soon, but women's rights will progress over time as the hardliners lose their edge and the moderates gain ground.

As for the warlords and internal strife, I already wrote that NATO has left behind thousands of mercenaries. These are the ex-military people who do the dirty work that an official army is not allowed to do. The US has used them in South America and Middle East for decades.

So, yes, there will be internal strife and it is game on between the Blackwater mercenaries and the regional intelligence agencies, especially Russian and Chinese, who want stability. The Chinese already have experience operating in high conflict areas in Africa and South America, but they were not up against thousands of Blackwater mercenaries.

We will have to wait and see.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $450.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.0¢ 19.0¢ $534.1K 2.745M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
24 631081 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.5¢ 91095 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.