PEN 5.00% 10.5¢ peninsula energy limited

The fastest and easiest solution to China's pollution problems...

1. 1,709 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    The fastest and easiest solution to China's pollution problems is to shut down all their coal-fired power plants and go nuclear.

One thing's for sure, things can't continue to go on like this for much longer.

In a previous post I mentioned China was hoarding uranium. It might have had less to do with a future supply crunch and more to do with a coming massive investment in nuclear power plants across China to deal with what is becoming an increasingly big pollution problem.

Not only is pollution a huge problem in China. It is an increasingly big problem in South Korea and Japan too. The latter is under increasing pressure to restart their nuclear reactors given huge monthly deficits, higher monthly power bills and higher CO2 emissions since all the nuclear power plants were shut down following the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami.

Given the above factors it would not come as surprise to me to see a much higher uranium price in the future sooner rather than later and one that makes the previously cited $50 figure look cheap.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-26/large-parts-of-china-are-choking-in-a-thick-haze/5286792?section=business

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
0.005(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $334.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.5¢ 10.5¢ 10.0¢ $1.047M 10.19M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
70 9842754 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 4002799 32
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.