China imploding, page-89

1. 38,057 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 501
    a student of history for fun ...sounds a bit like me , curiosity about how things came to be , and a desire to get the facts straight

no arguement about what you said about the US except painting it black and white when IMO there are shades of grey and multiple motivators for their actions at various times
    and
    the lack of mention of the good they've done as balance - a certain amount of altruism at times - (for a student of history such as yourself I shouldn't need to elaborate)
    Altruism is something I've never seen from China and nor do I expect to .

A constant for the US has been support for democracy ... takebn too far in terms of interfering ...conceded !
    A problem I have with China is government by an elite responsible to no-one except themselves .

US for all their many faults , have been a great nation , if China ever aspire to being "GREAT" rather than just powerful they'll need to learn to consider the needs and wants of the other countries of the world and stop being so introspectively preoccupied .*

From the sub continent ?

*You may be aware that the traditional Chinese manison was for an extended family and all the windows inward looking and courtyards enclosed internally ...metaphor for their thinking .
    eg Penangs Blue Mansion a great example

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.