I'm not inviting you to pack up and move to the USA because I...

1. 21,820 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 769
    I'm not inviting you to pack up and move to the USA because I have lived/worked there for two years (two stints including training ) and i would not recommend it even for you, mate.

Sure China has an opressive/ totalitarian regime which can top you for tax evasion , imprison you for gathering market intelligence
    (ala the RIO execs in 2008) re-educate you if you hold beliefs/behaviours contrary to the regime and feed you what they want via monopoly
    State Owned media. Who in an OECD country would want to live there.

it can monitor your urban movements via CCTV (we are slowly catching up) and imprison you without normal trial

My point in posting the Chinese growth stats including interest rates and Forex holdings was to suggest that, in the longer term, economics trumps ideology. The demise of the USSR in the 80s & 90s is evidence of that. This is an economics thread; not a ratbag populist political one.

But just as America has tried to promote , and in some instances enforce, The American Way in 3rd World Countries, China by its economic example is gaining traction in these countries now including the continent of Africa. With 80 billion new jobs required in Africa over the next
    50 years and less than half that in prospect, no wonder African countries are turning to China for investment and industrial know-how.

China is planning an mid African E/W 6 laned trans-African motorway and a 1500 km motorway north/south on the east coast simply to extract
    minerals & food and return manufactured goods. This is Africa's best hope of developing the continent and stemming its economic emigration.
    Keep in mind that Africa has 60% of the global arible land which no doubt has not escaped China's attention.

At present the African illegal migratin to Europe has reached epidemic proportions and the USA & the EU are incapable of stemming the flow.

So, in summary, mate, it is better to understand the Enemy's strengths and weaknesses rather than categorically rubbish China with
    hateful propaganda which will do us more harm than good in the long run.China is a package deal just as is Aus or the USA is and my header post
    simply pointed the threats faced by America unless it pulls out its finger now; not later. At present Chinese economic stats look better than thoseof the USA even though its regime politically & socially leaves a lot to be desired.

Our farmers, winemakers, fishermen , loggers and now coalminers have been already economically impacted with the prospect of our
    inbound tourist & foreign student intake being gutted in 2021.Regardless of what the spin merchants say, this is nothing short of an economic tragedy for Aus over such a short time and the Morrison Government has hasd a major hand in it, IMO.

Like America, our challenge is to regig our economy to face the Chinese challenges of 2021 and beyond, not to throw Trump shit balls at China .
    Talk is cheap mate. Doing the job for Aus calls for alot more onerous...eh?

It fine to do a High Noon and shoot the enemy but it is futile to hurl insults at him just to get his gander up when you are being lambasted already.
    with loads to come.

My Solution to economically counter China/ CCP:
    (a) At first smelt & mill 10% of our iron ore exports (produce 40 mil tons of top grade steels)
    (b) displace some of China's suppliers in global markets 7 diversify trade away from China
    (c) add other minerals & ag products later

Requirement: A Government with the balls to do it.

As the saying goes:" Dont get mad, get even", mate.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.