china is nervous is the opinion in hk

1. 7,889 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 251
    I have just returned from the Chinese New Year celebrations in Hong Kong where too much fun was had. It takes more than a global meltdown to ruin the mood of the Chinese during New Year.
    The fireworks were spectacular, the Flower Show at Victoria Park was as well attended as ever and the restaurants were packed. The visits to the shrines and temples were as usual.Lost my shoes on a few occasions...
    But underlying the celebrations were unspoken concerns about the year of the Bull...one certainly wouldn't articulate them during the New Year period. One of my friends who had been up in the southern province of Guangdong reported that a daily queue was forming every day in front of a giant replica of the Wall St. Golden Bull so they could touch it for good luck!!...Hmm!!
    Meaning the people feel more than ever that luck is needed!
    I have blogged a little more on deeplode.com .....but China cannot and I believe will not allow civil unrest to erupt...It's open policy would be at risk because so far it has only responded to unrest in one way!!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.