GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

I think the most likely would be a tax on gold transactions. I...

1. cya
    3,836 Posts.
    I think the most likely would be a tax on gold transactions. I doubt if it will amount to a confiscation.

governments are likely to become so desperate anything might be considered.

Capital and currency controls are very very likely so keeping it close is a very good idea.

China is the most unstable major power of the last 300 years. Future generations will look back in wonder that we ever believed that a centrally managed economy could prosper for an indefinite period. There is virtually zero transparency into how the economy operates , taxes are beyond anything we experience in the west, their government is a bloated bureaucratic nightmare that is corrupt beyond belief . The process by which they formulate GDP is ridiculous, each local government has party remembers on the ground who manually enter their local GDP, these are summed to district then provincial level, which in turn sum to country level. There is not audit, there are very few standard processes. The process failures on ground in the banking system are extraordinary . For instance China's biggest software company Longtop Financial was delisted on the NASDQ Delliotes audited them and those auditors confirmed cash on hand at the BOC divisional hub. the problem was the $300M of that was supposed to be on hand never existed, the reality is that BOC did not take direction from its HO, the Longtop execs bribed the local folk and the BOC execs there spoke to Delliots and confirmed the non existent deposit

All the studies Ive read on the pre conditions for insurrection/revolution point to instability occurring when you have to many well educated elites, with not enough to occupy them, undergoing great hardship through economic collapse , who then turn on the government.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.