No nation in the world puts the interests of any other country...

1. 1,280 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 310
    No nation in the world puts the interests of any other country above its own. There is no such thing as a permanent friendship between countries; but alliances which are built upon mutual interests which can, and often do, change according to specific needs at a specific time.
    I agree that China pushes the parameters but to be fair and balanced, so does the USA, the European Union, Russia, India and every other country including my own beloved Australia.
    I am so sick of the venom and bullshit which spews forth with great gusto from every corner and depending upon one's own personal ideology. The very thought of conflict (war) fills me with disgust. Stupid! Wasteful! Sacrificing the young for the ambitions of the old is a Disgrace.
    It will never change and I believe is a manifest behaviour of the human condition.

I decided long ago that the only positive thing I could do was to have some input into my own little sphere of influence. I have ingrained into my children the need to be accountable, honest and have integrity with all their dealings. They in turn act in a similar fashion with their own families. It may not be much, but it is the best I can do.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.