CMR 0.00% 15.0¢ compass resources limited

My first pass thoughts on that article is that the two p'graphs...

1. 2,463 Posts.
    My first pass thoughts on that article is that the two p'graphs below are perhaps the most important section

"On March 27, Swan rejected Minmetals original offer to buy out OZ Minerals for $2.6 billion on the grounds of national security.

The deal included Prominent Hill mine which is located within the Woomera Prohibited area."

Hopefully the uranium content in the sulphides would be seen as much a national interest as Woomera and lead Swan (not our DICK swan) (or whoever replaces him) to reject/prevent them taking over by default if we can't sort this before FH spend all the cash.

Yes its different to the offer to buy OzMin out - HNC/Minmetals are not offering to buy us out - suspicion instead is they may not be playing friendly and are simply waiting for FH to use up all the remaining cash and liquidate - whereby under the JV the seem to be able to pick the whole show up for a song.

But then again - for mine - other than the Chinese not speaking with us, as I see it they havn't gone out of thier way to try to rip us off either (yet)- but others have!!!!!

Yes they refused to advance further money to CMR and that is SUPPOSEDLY the reason administrators were appointed. BUT the FACT IS as disclosed to us via an ASX announcement in the latter part of 2008 - the line of credit from YAG was "technically still in place" - so with $9 million in the bank and around $68 million line of credit up our sleeve - the directors appointed administrators???????

I don't see HNC as the baddie in that (you might - and believe me I have plenty of emails saying many do)- But stop for a second and think - HNC were being asked to write cheque after cheque but without closing that cheque book they had little or no say in how the money was spent!

They kept writing cheques and our idiots kept stuffing it up.

If it was your cheque book and you kept being asked to write cheques and the idiots who we allowed to remain on the board kept blowing the money and failing time and time again to bring the project online - then surely - sooner or later - no matter how supportive you are - you would sooner or later have to say that's it - the cheque book is closed.

I know I am not privy to all details (and thats wrong - if our corporate laws were adequate we would all be privy to the details) but as I see it HNC only did what any of us would sooner or later do and closed the cheque book - other than that thier only real sin (and its a biggy - is they wont speak with us)

Seems clear enough HNC have not wanted to play with YAG either - indeed they have either abstained or voted against YAGs proposals - and in fact in the last one - which in my mind was the most important of all - they voted with us - more accuratly perhaps they voted against YAG.

But by same token - while they have said nice words to us - they havnt demonstrated a willingness to come and play with us either - they would engender so much more faith amongst Australians if they did - imagine the headlines - CHINA SUPPORTS LITTLE OZZY BATTLERS AGAINST BIG NASTY YANK

Hopefully (and its a big hope) that refusal to play/speak with us was only because the Minmetals deal has been in the wind for a good while now and Compass is a dirty word in HNC town and it seems no-one at HNC had the authority to discuss - understandable if MinMetals was taking over - and for Minmetals CMR is prob small fry

Hopefully now that the Minmetals deal is bedded down some poor sucker at Minmetals will sooner or later be given the job of sorting the mess CMR became for HNC

If so - well all I can say to whoever that is - us shareholders have got some balls CMR shareholders but we aint got a bat - so we are looking for another team with some bats who wants to play a friendly game with us so we can all have some fun.

(BTW for mine - and you need to accept there are more things happening behind the scenes than can be discussed openly here but HNC's refusal to enter dialogue has always been polite - never offensive and NEVER antagonistic - in thier own way, at least with words, HNC have been supportive. Unlike a certain other party we could mention - extend your hand to them - even after a third party invite and they bite it off - they are playing hard ball and I dont trust them in the least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So yes us shareholders have a few balls to play with but for mine they are cricket balls so we are looking for a team with cricket bats - ya don't have o know how to play cricket - just the principles of how to play and have a friendly game we can all enjoy for our mutual benefit -

Not looking for someone with a round bloody yanky base ball bats coz they have no comprehension of the phrase - that's not cricket

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CMR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.