China relations just took a great big turn for the worse, page-215

1. 605 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 91
    be that as it may, atleast in our democratic system we have those discussions and are debated in parliament. And passed into law with open book clarity. I believe we just addressed such a similar issue recently involving google. They now have to pay to promote various news articles that are suggested in android phones.

To be honest instead of saying "second guess Trump and insult china" it's actually ccp and their very decision to allow international travel while simultaneously closing domestic travel at the onset of the outbreak is what I call INSULT to not just Australians but also the whole world so no I really couldn't care less we are insulting xi and his ccp clonies. And let's be clear about this please don't say insulting china as we are only insulting xi and ccp. Look at the pain and suffering ordinary Chinese people have suffered at the hands of this tyrannical government.

and yes I am more concerned about Huawei et al as they have more serious allegations made about them than face book, twitter etc. If I recall correctly at one time ccp politicians were using twitter to spread propaganda news as well. A republican politician in us called Matt Pottinger sent a speech on Weibo and apparently didn't even make to 5 mins before being taken down. The censorship in China is very scary and if you just name call or criticise xi or ccp there's real risk of being detained or arrested. Whereas on facebook, I can say scomo is a dud and I will not be detained by the police. Also a company called Zoom recently shut down a Tianamen massacre discussion chat because of request from ccp (look it up on Google). There's lot of examples of abuses of individual rights and clear mandate for social control. No criticism of the government is tolerated and that to me is scary. Also with Huawei, I recently read that a data centre in Papua New Guinea was left open and exposed to external attacks that Huawei built. It's a clear bleach of trust and potential back door to the hackers not just from ccp but elsewhere and just goes to show, that they cannot be trusted. The founder of Huawei even being a retired military ccp officer. Obviously very much tied to ccp, even if he refutes these claims I just find it very hard to believe.

and your last point about us imports and Australian export to China. I have already addressed this point. It's not healthy for Australia to depend on China for a big market export country as ccp tends to use these economic leverage for their political gains. It's not good from a national security perspective. As an investor we're always told to never put all your eggs in one basket so why would you do this for the export market as well. It's time to diversify business opportunities and move on from this economic dependency on China. Short term pain for long term gain is how I see this. And besides there's already talk of Australia, India, US and Japan forming a "quad" to counter ccp influence. And I cannot see why this cannot be extended to economic pact as well.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.