China relations just took a great big turn for the worse, page-240

1. 605 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 91
    I see this as an opportunity for Australia to reset the political relationship with Beijing on a more respectful level. ccp had too much clout here with lots of investments and political influence abound. as far as I am concerned it is good for Australia to wean off the CCP cash addiction. This will allow politicians to make decisions that are in the countries best interests, and free from 'external influences'.

As an example Tony Abbott in 2016 agreed with a French submarine manufacturer to produce the new fleets. However at the time Japan was also vying for the contract as well. He was under pressure from ccp to not go with the Japanese manufacturer as we all know China and Japan share a difficult past. But Abbott caved into the pressure from Beijing and ended up making a huge mistake as we all know how much of a MESS that project is now. Even back in 2016 the internal advisors were telling Abbott to go with the Japanese company. But that's just one of many other examples of 'external influences'.

and also back to your point about Chinese investment in Australia. I personally think there are many issues confronting China right now so we may see a significantly lower spending and investment by china anyway. There's issues of floods over there effecting harvests, live stocks, diseased pigs, higher unemployment with firms exiting china. Threats from US in relation to Huawei, and just generally tech related semiconductor chips. SMIC now potentially been banned from procuring us technology too. Not to mention difficulties in BRI project which is a bottomless cash pit, issues with Hong Kong, Mongolia uprising, struggles from coronavirus etc etc etc.. And to top it off, xi is now bringing back the old cultural revolution and going back to it's communist roots by apparently seizing private properties and nationalising them. I also been reading that they are stopping out flows of capital out of China, one way to do this will be through digitised currency which I talked about before. It's all happening over there. Also lots of ccp politicians send their kids overseas to study but with more scrutiny I doubt these politicians will be spending money overseas as much like before. Overall with the amount of economic damage done to China through trade wars, coronavirus, and xi's madness this will result in potentially poorer Chinese people overall and so their investment clout will be substantially less anyway.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.